Friday, July 12, 2013

Rainy Friday Night

Today's a typical rainy summer night in good old Pennsylvania. Damp and dark all afternoon and evening,full of drenching rain. I beat the rain this early morning with a 6:15am three mile run followed by a quick ab workout. About 3 minutes into my run I ran by a house with a lady coming out of her front door to walk her dog. About 15 seconds later she's screaming across her lawn, which startled me into looking towards her yard. I see a tiny Yorkshire terrier hauling ass towards me with his or her leash dragging behind. I stopped and walked up to the lil doggie, petted him and grabbed his leash. I walked the dog back to his owner to which she replied, "The dog thought you were my sister". I just said, "Ah, okay", and with that she turned around and walked away hastily. I was kinda surprised I didn't get a thank you, but oh well. Then it was back to my run. I was a bit off my game from the dog and my legs were sore from the elliptical and the workout with my dad on Thursday. I still pushed through. 

Wednesday I did a lower body workout with Zim. Weighted body squats (I finally squatted a 100 pounds), weighted lunges, hamstring flex, weighted calf raises and grip training. Love this leg workout. Can definitely feel the squats helping when hill running.

Off to enjoy the rest of this Friday night!

1 comment:

  1. "The dog thought you were my sister"? Translation: I've got no control over my 6-lb. dog. Yeah, she should've been a little more grateful! Congrats on breaking 100!

    ReplyDelete