Sunday, July 7, 2013

Back to Work

How was everyone's 4th? Good I hope! As I got to take in some rays and waves, I got my workouts in here goes:

Thursday: A workout with Zim and my dad at the beach. We took the Bulgarian bag to the shore with us. I made up a workout to incorporate it in. I posted a picture of Mt. Joy below.

12 body squats
12 overhead press with Bulgarian bag (26lb)
12 lunges
12 bent over rows w/ Bulgarian bag
12 squat calf raises
12 dips
12 side lunges
12 push-ups
REPEAT twice

Finish with a 1 minute ab hold and plank.

DONE!

I did run 3 miles afterwards. Nothing beats running down the shore!

Friday: I did an upper body strength workout w/ Zim. It KICKED my ass, but in that good sore.

5 minute warm-up

1) Push-ups (work up to 3 sets of max reps w/ 60 secs rest between)
a)8 reps b)12 c)14 d)14 e)12

2)Overhead bench tricep extension (3-4 sets)
a)12-12lbs b)12-12lbs c)12-12 d)12-12

3)Pull-ups (4 sets, 10-15 reps)
a)11 b)10 c)10 d)10

4)Bradford Press (with barbell)
a)10-45lbs b)10-45lbs c)10-50lb

5)Think Barbell Curl
a)10-45lb b)8-45lb c)8-45lb

6)Ab circuit 
200 ab moves

Saturday: Zim and some of the KASA running crew got together in the morning for a Mt. Joy Valley Forge Park run/hike. The girls and I started with a 15 minute walk/ hike warm-up and then broke into a nice paced 45 minute run. The boys were carrying 10-20 pound sandbags with them on their hike. They were doing hill drills as well. They were getting some last minute practice for this weekends Spartan run. Good workout. It was hot as hell out too. Glad we started somewhat early.

Sunday: Easy day. Nice 35 minute boxing workout. My arms were still sore from Friday.

Our short time at the shore was real fun. We celebrated Zim's birthday with a bunch of seafood, the boardwalk, the sand, and the waves. Too bad the water was only like 60 degrees. A little bit chilly. I bought him a Youth of Today t-shirt at the boardwalk record shop. I got myself a Ceremony t-shirt too. I got to hang out on the beach with my nieces and my sister which was awesome. Zim and I ate some tasty breakfast at the corner diner called Kessel's Corner. Sooo good. We also got to watch fireworks on the beach. Real cool. You can see like 5 different cities fireworks going off. From south of Sea Isle to north of Atlantic City. Had a real relaxing and fun time.

Tomorrow, back to the grind!




1 comment:

  1. Man, I would LOVE a beach vacation right now! A lot of people slack off the workouts when they're away from home/on a break. Great job!

    ReplyDelete