Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Word Up Wednesday!

The weekend is almost here! And also my 1st 5K of the year! I've been active this week so far, but still not at 100%. I feel pretty good though. Here's been my workout week thus far:

Monday: Gym day. 35 minutes on the elliptical and about 5 minutes of abs. Nothing all too challenging. I have rose my resistance level though.

Tuesday: Work out with my dad. I wrote up:

10 swimmer's press
10 body squats
10 weighted punches
10 power knee
10 curl/hammers
10 kicks
10 tricep kickbacks
15 calf raises
10 push-ups

Repeat 2 more times.
5 minute abs
20 minutes treadmill/elliptical.

It resembled a lot like our last workout. My dad's harboring a bad right knee and is getting surgery on his hand today, so I wanted to concentrate on his strengths. This is going to be his 2nd carpal tunnel surgery on his left hand. Hope it works better for him this time around. He did great during the workout though.

Today I ran 3.75 miles in a little over 30 minutes. Pretty happy about my pace. I was at a 8:07 mile. My first mile I was at 7:57 to my surprise. The trail was pretty muddy in spots and I slipped a few times, but luckily no falls. The wind wasn't that kind either. Despite that, I'm happy with myself.

I'm behaving myself this week too. No going out to eat and no booze until after the race on Saturday. I felt I put on a couple pounds from not being on my normal routine, but still kinda eating like I am. Oh well. Least I've been cooking a lot more and saving a few bucks too!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're getting back into the swing. Another nice WOD for me to try! Cool that you're "training" your dad too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm feeling pretty good. My dad is 67 and totally brings it the best he can. I have to tone exercises down for him coz he's had a heart attack in the past and is on beta blockers.

    ReplyDelete