Sunday, February 10, 2013

Dodged the Bullet

The snow-pocalypse storm named Nemo gently brushed the Phildelphia area with snowfall amounts only reaching an inch or two. New York and Boston got throttled with a couple feet of snow. I'm more than fine with that! My race on Saturday was still on! It was quite cold and the wind wasn't so friendly either. Temperatures hovered a little above freezing. It was an interesting race though. Your partner ran one way, while you ran another. You would pass them a few times during the course. Zim finished at 22:51, 110th overall and I came in 24:43, 147th overall. There were about 350 plus people there too. VERY happy with my time. I blew my first 2 miles averaging under 8 minutes. The 3rd mile got to me a bit. The cold, wind in my face, but I powered through, virtually pain free to finish. Yay!

Afterwards, I felt quite good. My ribcage and shoulder blade ached a little, but I wasn't in any pain. Zim and I celebrated with our friends that raced as well at Craft Alehouse. Good times!

Today, I decided on another run and put in a little over 4 miles today. It was a very snowy run. Half the trail was covered in snow, so my pace was around a 9:15 mile. It was a great run though. There's just something about running in snow. And the scenery. Soo pretty!

Playlist: Go! For the Throat
Off With There Heads







2 comments:

  1. Fun idea/route for a sweetheart race. Nice times too! I'm glad the storm was relatively nice for you guys.

    ReplyDelete