Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Better Week

So far so good this week, health wise for me. The virus or flu is over! Yay! I got back to a regular workout on Sunday. And...even better, my rib/shoulder injury feels back to normal. I even started strength training again. Nothing hardcore, just nicely easing myself back in. Here's how it went:

Sunday: 35 minutes on the elliptical, followed by upper body strength training. Got back on the assisted pull-up/dips machine. My numbers weren't too far off from before I got hurt. I was quite happy about that. Also did the pull down lat and sit down rowing machines. Lastly used 15lb dumb bells for alternating shoulder press and curls/hammers. Felt good! I ended with a few ab moves, then rushed to get home to make my movie plans. Side Effects was pretty good. A little long, but kept me entertained and interested.

Monday: 35 minutes on the elliptical again, followed by the usual leg machines. I ended with about 10 minutes of ab work.

Tuesday: I decided to try a longer run than usual. I might sign up for a 7 mile trail run this Sunday, but wanted to see where exact my cardio was at. I ran 5.85 miles in about 50 minutes. I felt good. Tired but not exhausted. And luckily JUST beat the rain. I felt a little drizzle with maybe a 10th of a mile to go to get to my car. It was a bit windy and chilly, but I've ran in much worse.

Today: I tried out the Back and Base P90X2 DVD with Zim after work today. It's more or less a bunch of different pull-ups with plyo moves in between. It was tough, but we plowed through it. Learned a few new moves. We finished with the Ab Ripper 2 routine. Love some of those ab moves. Pretty tough, but it hurts so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment