Thursday, February 7, 2013

Bracing for the Storm

At the beginning of this week, Saturday was a nice sunny day with temperatures in the mid 40s. Then the Nor'easter started forming. The Philadelphia region is calling for 1 to 6 inches of snow depending on where you live. I'm right on the line between the 1-3 and 3-6 inches. This is supposed to start happening around 6am tomorrow and start out as rain. It's supposed to end late Friday night into early Saturday morning. I'm hoping 1-3 inches. My race doesn't start until 3:30 in the afternoon, so hopefully it will still be on. But now temperatures are going to be in the low 30s but feel like in the teens because of the wind gusts. Great. What can ya do?? Dress in layers and protect your face. I guess the Philadelphia area is better off than New York and New England. They're going to get hammered with a couple feet of snow.

Other than that wonderful news, I went to my gym today. I rode the elliptical for 35 minutes on a setting I've never done. Just to keep it fresh. Actually was pretty tough. Next leg machines and abs. Done. I was there a little over an hour. I got gas before I went home and before all the tri-state area went into a full mode snow panic. Tomorrow is a rest day for me, so hopefully my next workout will be a 5K.

Playlist: Go! For the Throat: Here and Now
The Curse: Demo
Paint It Black: New Lexicon

Good old fashioned Philly hardcore punk.

No comments:

Post a Comment