Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Yup, It's Tuesday

I've never been a fan of Tuesdays. It's like Monday again, but more boring. No weekend talk, just groan "Is it Friday yet?". Here's my week thus far.

Sunday I had to work, so I took the day off from a workout to rest up. I got home, grabbed some food with Zim, drank beer, and watched football. Not too bad.

Monday late morning I started my first workout of the week. I started with a 4 mile run. It's still been real nice and warm out. And my migraines haven't lifted. Oh well. It was a beautiful morning for a run, so I took advantage of it. After I can home to do a P90X chest and back workout.  Still not using a chair for the pull-ups and not using any knees for push-ups. Love the push-ups. Standard, military, wide-front, diamond, and my least favorite...dive bombers. Thoses suckers are a bitch. I finished with a 10-15 minute ab workout with Zim.

Today, Tuesday I went to train my father in the late morning. We did shoulders, biceps, triceps, and a few back moves mixed in. I lifted with him, but was only using 10 pounds. I didn't want to over do it with my arms. Felt good though. I came home and wanted to do some cardio, so I boxed. 5 minutes jump rope, 1 round shadow boxing, 5 on the heavy bag, and I ended with two, 2 minute drills. I started with jumping jacks (15 sec), heels up (15), mountain climbers (15), heismans (15), next football thinking skills (30) and ended with 20 burpees. It actually took like 2 and 1/2 minutes.

I showered up and watched Chelsea FC play Shakhtar Donetsk. Shakhtar is a tough Ukrainian squad and playing at their stadium is even tougher. The Blues were more or less dominated my them. Chelsea had a few opportunies they didn't finish, but Shakhtar deserved those needed 3 points. Going to be a tough week for the boys, Man United on Sunday and United again for the Capital One Cup.

2 comments:

  1. Nice workouts, I like the variety!

    I do "Hindu" pushups, not sure the difference between those and dive bombers? Sometimes fast, sometimes really slow, to change things up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're about the same. They are KILLERS!!

    ReplyDelete