Saturday, February 28, 2015

Get the Hell Outta Here February, You're Too Cold

The last day in February, thank god, is almost over. It was the 5th or 6th coldest February on record for Philly. Let's keep our fingers crossed March is warmer. We did luck out snow wise. We really didn't get too much so far this winter. Despite the cold, I'm getting out for 2 runs a week and I hit the elliptical once a week as well. I'm working up my mileage slowly, but now I'm getting into the height of my training. I'm feeling good overall and still I'm continuing my 10 minute stretch and massage every morning.

My running this week was a 5.17 mile run in 45 minutes on Wednesday. I hit the elliptical on Friday for 5.4 miles in 45 minutes. Today, I braved the cold and ran 6.08 in 55 minutes. I'm relatively pain free and feel quite good. I even managed to drop 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I've been only running in my neighborhood, which is pretty hilly, coz all the trails are frozen over. I'm looking forward for a long run on one of the flatter trails. I'd be interested in my time. I'm averaging a little under a 9 minute mile, which I'm happy with right now. I'm happy with the hill work I'm getting in as well. It will prepare me a bit for the Mount Penn trail 15K Zim and I signed up for in mid April. 

My running plan next week is to aim for 2 outdoor runs. One that is around 5 miles (45 minutes) and another one that's around 7 and 1/2 miles (1 hour 5 minutes). In between I'll get 45-55 minutes on the elliptical as well. 

I did get ANOTHER pair of compression pants. I bought a pair of full length 2XU pants. I tried them out today and was very happy with them. Zim bought a pair of Skinz on Amazon and wore them for a 5 mile race in the morning. He loved them!! I think I'm about ready for a review very soon. Stay warm!!

Playlist: Give Up the Ghost!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the training's going well despite the weather!
    Crossing my fingers for a better March.

    ReplyDelete