Tuesday, January 20, 2015

More Trail Running

I've been itching to start my longer runs and get some training in before the half marathon at the end of March. I also wanted to give the new compression pants a try. So Saturday I put on the CW-X pants (which were great) and I hit the actual gravel trail in Valley Forge. My siatic or Piriformis syndrome felt okay. It just felt tight, but no pain. I ran about 6 and 1/4 in about an hour. My app on my phone crapped out after 15 minutes, so I don't know my times or splits. Every time it's under 30 degrees it seems to stop working. I felt pretty good for not really running in the past couple weeks.

Monday, I woke up and felt a little sore. My siatic still felt tight. Still no pain, but not feeling that great. I think I'm going to take 3-4 weeks off from running, and try to get fully healed up. At least I'd have 5-6 weeks to train for the race. So frustrating, but I'd rather feel closer to 100% healthy on my runs. So back to the elliptical. Monday I did get a workout in, Crossfit inspired:

5 minute jump rope (oddly my leg feels not even a twinge in that motion)

As many rounds as you can do in 20 minutes:

5 assisted pull-ups
10 curls/hammers
10 burpees

7 rounds in 19:15.

6-7 minutes of ab work.
Stretch

Playlist: Zero 7

Today: Elliptical city sister! 45 minutes and did a little over 5.25 miles. 



1 comment:

  1. I would love to try some CW-X pants, just don't want to buy them! You're probably smart to lay off the running and crosstrain on that elliptical for a while, except you'll probably miss those outdoors.
    I used to love doing burpees, but they're not so nice to my knees :(

    ReplyDelete