Thursday, January 15, 2015

Flying By

Damn this week flew by! Almost the weekend! Which is great. I might try to see "Birdman" or "American Sniper" tomorrow night. LOVE the Oscar season!

Anyways...diet and workouts. I started using the Lose It! ap on my phone this week. It always worked pretty well for me. I'm trying to drop 10 pounds by the end of March. 15 pounds would be awesome, but my goal is 10. Hell 5-7 and I'd be happy. I'm not cheating either. I'll record those 2-3 vodka drinks. It all adds up the same. I'd love to go into the big race weighing in a 145.

Also, I've been doing some research on compression pants/shorts. I hope to have 3 different brands to review by sometime next week. I'm hoping the compression will help me with my glutes/hamstrings injury during runs. I've noticed online, there really isn't too many "true" compression reviews. Kinda frustrating. The few I read, helped. Also read a decent review in "Mud & Obstacle" magazine on the pants. I did get my best information from my local running shop, All Kinds of Fast, on the most recommended compression pants. LOVE that store! And hope to pick up a pair of pants on Saturday morning. That company's rep is supposed to be there as well. Report for the future.

Workouts!

Monday: Tabata

Tabata - 20 second work followed by 10 seconds rest for 8 intervals.

1)Row: 11, 11, 10, 10, 9, 8, 9, 8
1 minute rest
2)Dips: 17, 17, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13.
1 minute rest
3)Pull-ups (asst): 5, 2, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 3
1 minute rest
4)Push-up:  12, 10, 8, 7, 7, 6, 7, 7
1 minute rest
5)Sit-up: 10, 11,11, 12, 12, 12, 11, 11.

Tuesday: 40 minutes elliptical.

Wednesday: Legs

How many rounds in 20 minutes?

10 squats
10 walking lunges
10 stability ball hamstring lifts
10 calf squats
5 burpees

7 rounds done in 20:49.
Followed by 6 minutes ab work.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you've been busy! Your sunny/snowy run in the park looks great. Thanks for the product reviews. I haven't used any mobility balls, but have started seeing them around. $35 for that Supernova! Seems pricey, but still cheaper than a massage. Flossing? Never heard of it!
    I've tried some compression sleeves for my calves and noticed a difference (I think), so true compression pants would be good, especially for cold weather. I'll watch for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear what you think of compression pants and their costs. I think that might be a good thing for me to invest in once my tax return comes in.

    ReplyDelete