Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Snowy Run in the Park

After smashing, flossing, stretching, and not running since December 20th, I decided to see where my glutes/hamstring was at last Friday afternoon. I decided to run in the snow at Valley Forge Park. I thought the one trail I picked would have been clear because of a lot of direct sunlight. I was wrong. It was fine though. There was only about a 1/2 of an inch of powdery snow on the pavement. I started with a 2-3 minute walk and then stretched. Then it was off for a run in the snow. I ran slow, at a 9:45 minute pace, in fear of slipping and to see how my leg felt. The leg was okay. I still could feel the tightness, but it felt a hell of a lot better than before. It was pretty damn cool running in the snow. The trees and grass snow covered and a blue sky. It was real beautiful out. It was a bit cold, but I'm okay at 35 degrees and no wind. I passed two other runners and a couple walkers. I ran 3.5 miles in a little over 34 minutes. I stretched out and didn't feel any pain. So it went well. I'm giving myself the week off from running to try to heal up some more. Happy I got one in though. I really want to get some miles in for training for the half marathon. But I want to do it the right way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment