Monday, April 1, 2013

Butterfly Run 5K

My first spring 5K! Yay, it's getting a little warmer out! And today is baseball's opening day! Sweet.

Saturday morning started off in the upper 30s, but warmed up nicely by 9am. Temperatures were hovering around the mid to upper 40s. I just wore a long sleeve tech shirt with a short sleeve shirt over top. I also wore my capri Adidas track pants. I love those pants, and can't find another part like it. Damn! I was feeling slightly dehydrated, from the 3 beers drank the night before and from having some spring allergies. My throat was a little scratchy and I had a slight headache. Nothing too major though. Mentally I was in a really good place. I was in good spirits and just wanted to to have fun on this race. I really wasn't worried about my time.

The gun went off and about 600 runners feet all pounded the pavement. I had a great first mile then hit the long not very steep incline. I ran through it but I knew that incline took a bit out of me. Luckily it's not a hilly course but it does have some long straight inclines. I was feeling pretty tired on the last mile but powered through coming in at 24:47. I came in right around the same time last year. Zim came in at 23:11 and his mom at 34:15. His mom KICKED ASS. She took off close to 10 minutes from her time last year. Wow. And she in her mid 50s. Zim and I were so happy for her. We all had a great time and hope to do it again next year!

Sunday I took they day off and went to my parents for Easter dinner. Good stuff. Today it was back to the grind. It was a gym day and upper body day. Spent a little over an hour there. 25 minutes of lifting, rowing, and pulling. Then 30 minutes on the elliptical, followed by 15 minutes of ab work and planks.

Now back to the Phillies game!

Playlist: Fidlar: s/t, Garbage: Not Your Kind of People

1 comment: