Friday, March 29, 2013

Carb Loading or How I Make Excuses to Drink Beer

Yes! I am drinking beer. A Stoudts Double IPA. Delicious! I could use a couple extra calories for tomorrow's 5K Butterfly Run. And a bedtime buzz always feels good on a Friday night after a long and annoying day. Today I took the day off from working out. Probably a good thing since I had to stay an hour longer at work and needed to go grocery shopping afterwards. This is how the back half of the workout week went:

Wednesday: A decent total body workout with my dad, followed by P90X legs and back. Here was my dad's workout:
10 swimmer's press
10 body squats
10 tricep kickbacks
30 second wall squat
10 weighted punches
10 kicks (both legs)
10 uppercuts
10 ski jumps (side to side squat jumps like you're skiing down a slope)
10 curl/hammers
12 forward frog jumps
10 push-up

REPEAT

Thursday: Upper body strength training with my dad in the morning, followed by a 3.20 mile run. Ran it at a sub 8 minute mile pace. Happy about that! Came home to do about 15 minutes of ab work.

Tomorrow's race is at 9am and the weather is looking like it will be dry and in the mid 40s. I can't complain. Wish it was slightly warmer, but at least it's not snowing! Zim and his mom are also doing the race. Should be a lot of fun!

2 comments:

  1. You guys get a lot of fun 5K's out there! Now that it's warming up, I'm ready for a good road race too. Maybe I'll try your carb loading regimen!

    ReplyDelete