Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Quickie

The weather this weekend has been BEAUTIFUL! Saturday and Sunday (today) have been hovering right around 60 degrees and sunny. Mother Nature is just asking you to go for a run or just be outside.

Saturday I did just that. I went out for a 53 minutes, 6 mile trail run. It was great. I somewhat over dressed, thinking it was going to be a bit chillier under the cover of the trees. Nope. But I dealt with it, and wasn't overheated. Kicked my butt.

Today I went to the gym. I lifted for about 25-30 minutes, then rode the elliptical for a half hour. I finished with ab work. Tough workout for a Sunday.

I came home to turn on the Man United v Chelsea FA Cup match in the second half. I saw they were down 2-0. Blah. Wasn't too happy about that. I'm glad I turned it on when I did though. Chelsea fought back to a 2-2 draw and would have won if not for an exceptionally great save from the keeper. Glad that fought back and played with confidence. Now I'm watching the Philadelphia Union play the Colorado Rapids. I don't think they've ever beat the Rapids in Colorado. They're up 1-0. Still very early though.

Now back to the match and my beer.

Playlist: OFF! - s/t, Off With Their Heads-Hospitals, Violent Society-Not Enjoying It, Mischief Brew-Boiling Breakfast Early

2 comments:

  1. I'm welcoming spring too! Yeah, gotta get out. As much as I dread the dry heat of summer, I get more energy once winter starts to clear out. I don't follow soccer. Colorado has a team? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorado's team is pretty decent. Though with American soccer, you're really not missing much. Well except when David Beckham would come to town!

    ReplyDelete