Saturday, March 14, 2015

Takin' It Easy

Tuesday I had a set back with my shoulder. I have no idea how I hurt it more, but Tuesday afternoon I was in a bunch of pain. It was either how I feel asleep on the couch for a nap or I wretched it picking up Victor. Wednesday I bit the bullet and went to the Urgent Care center which is about 2 miles down the street from me. They do X-Rays and other tests there so I chose them over my doctor's. I literally waited only like 10 minutes and a doctor saw me. I have full range of motion so nothing is broken or torn. The final ruling was a contusion and muscle spasms. No X-Rays were needed. I was prescribed muscle relaxers which have helped, but they make me drowsy. I only take them in the late afternoon when Zim is home and before I'm about to go to bed. Other than the pills, rest, ice, compress, elevate, which I was already doing. I'm also taking Aleve to help the inflammation. I'm taking one every 12 hours. I'm also wrapped up in Rock Tape. This morning is the best I've felt since I hurt it. So no running or workouts for me for a little while. If I do run next week the earliest day would be Wednesday. I don't want to push it. At least it's slowly getting better!!

2 comments:

  1. Bummer. Is the Rock Tape working? I've seen it around, but never felt a need to try it out. Get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock Tape does work pretty well, and sticks to skin like a champ!

    ReplyDelete