Sunday, March 8, 2015

Long Runs/Clumsy Girl

Saturday early afternoon temperatures around here were close to 40. Sweet! I decide to get my run in Saturday, so I could rest up Sunday with Zim being off from work. I was still worried about my right leg's hamstring/sciatic. It's been feeling pretty good, but I know what long runs can do. I ended up running around my neighborhood, because the trails are still covered. I must say it was pretty nice out. The ice and snow was starting to melt a bit. I hit a few patches of snow/ice but I would stop and walk around them. I'm not the most graceful of women. I got a little over an hour in and was in the last homestretch, where, yup, I fell again. I was literally a half mile or less to my house. A car was heading towards me and I ran off to the right side of the road and saw ice. I avoided the ice and I guess switched off my mind. Bam! Tripped over my own feet or a manhole cover. I landed on my left shoulder, jumped back up and finished my run. At first I really thought I hurt myself. I broke a clavicle as a stupid 16 year old kid, and that pain was awful and quite intense. I didn't feel that way. Luckily I didn't break anything, but I did re-aggravate my damn anterior serratus nagging injury. I'm damn lucky I didn't break my collarbone. I'm sore, but I'm okay. I just can't let my guard down anymore. And my right leg...perfect fine. Some good news. Anyways I ran 7.33 miles in 1 hour 7 minutes and was averaging a little less than 9 minute miles. I'm pretty happy with that. I felt I still had a bunch in the tank and could have busted out a couple more miles.

If I feel back to normal I plan on getting a 5+ mile run in mid week and do one last long run in on the weekend. I'm hoping 8-9 miles. It's looking like temperatures will be in the 40s and 50s for this week too. Nice! I'm just hoping I'll be healed more up and feeling better. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Avoided the ice, tripped and fell anyway. Ouch! Glad you didn't hurt yourself worse. It seems like most mishaps happen in the homestretch. In the end, nice run otherwise!

    ReplyDelete