Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Training For the New Year

Last Sunday I decided to challenge myself and signed up for my first 1/2 marathon at the end of March next year. It's called the "Love Run" and it starts at the Art Museum in Philly. I'm excited! The longest run I did was a 15K which is a little over 9 miles. It was tough cause it was half trail/half road on some crazy ass hills. But I made it through in about an hour and 40 minutes. And that was about 2 years ago. So I have to get some training in!

Here's my last couple workouts:

Saturday: Nice cold run at Valley Forge park. Ran a little over 5 miles in 43:45. 

Monday: Got 4.3 miles in before the nor'easter blew through the area. Actually wasn't bad at all.

Tuesday: Gym day. I haven't went to the gym in over 2 months.

1/4 mile warm-up

Asst pull-ups
Dips
Seated row (70, 80, 80)
Tricep pull-down (35, 35, 35)
Lat pull-down (50, 60, 55)
Bench row (50, 60, 60)
Ab work
1 mile on the elliptical
Cool down 

Did 3 sets of 10 reps.

Today: A run in the cold and wind. Did 4.25 miles in a little over 36 minutes.

Gotta get those miles in!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! A half marathon is a good goal to have, should keep you out of trouble ;) I'm thinking of maybe doing the Super Bowl half again. It's coming up fast, though!

    ReplyDelete