Thursday, December 18, 2014

My Top Albums of 2014

I didn't get to listen to as much new music as I wanted to this year, but I still listened to a decent amount. A lot of new stuff I would listen on satellite radio in the car while sitting it traffic, going to work. And last time I worked was mid-May. Anyways, here goes:

18) T-55's: Power Up EP
17) Deers: Demo - Single
16) Broken Bells: After the Disco
15) The Faint: Doom Abuse
14) Julian Casablancas and the Voidz: Tyranny
13) Punch: They Don't Have to Believe
12)Converge: All We Love We Leave Behind
11) Code Orange Kids: I Am King
10) Cerebral Ballzy: Jaded & Faded
9) Morning Glory: War Psalms
8) Interpol: El Pintor
7) Holly Golightly: All Her Fault
6) OFF!: Wasted Years
5) Cloud Nothings: Here and Nowhere Else
4) The Orwells: Disgraceland
3) Lawrence Arms: Metropole
2) Jack White: Lazaretto
1) Sia: 1000 Forms of Fear

Love Sia! Great album! I got to see her in 2012 at a small venue in Philly. She puts on a great show and was actually showing her face while performing. She's crazy talented, has an awesome voice, writes amazing lyrics, and seems to be pretty silly/nutty. The first time I saw an interview with her, I thought she was slightly crazy and in a cutsie type of way. Kind of reminded me when I first heard Tori Amos in an interview. Except less insane. And I mean that in the most respect. Love Tori's early stuff!

Jack White's album was real good this year as well. I would LOVE to see Jack live but apparently he dislikes Philly. The rumor is he was harassed or booed by the crowd. Anyways, great album, rocked it a lot this year.

Hoping for some more great music next year. Hopefully I'll be able to listen to a little more!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I admit that the only artists I know from your list are Jack White and Sia. Hey, at least they're the top two! Love them both. As for Sia, I think the best artists are a little nuts.

    ReplyDelete