Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tuesday Quickie

The weeks are flying by! Vic's almost 6 weeks and I get to find out if I'm cleared to start working out on Thursday from my doc's. My body isn't 100% but I feel pretty damn good. Believe me, I'm not ready for a 5 mile jog or an intense crunches routine. I am ready for a nice short jog or some moderate lifting. As for my walking, last week I walked every day with Victor and worked up to 2 miles in over a half hour. Monday, I walked 2.25 and Tuesday 2.05 miles. I did buy a new pair of Brooks Ravena running shoes on Sunday with a gift card and I am getting a little itchy in trying them out. See how it goes Thursday.

In other news, Vic's been sleeping pretty well throughout the night. Looking forward to ending that late night feeding! Gonna be a little while for that. The diaper rash has gotten SOO much better. He still has a tiny bit, but it's looking better every day. My cat, Asano, has been adjusting slowly, but surely. He's actually curled up next to me on the couch for the first time since Vic's been born. He has only slight interest in Victor. More scared/jealous of him than interested. Asano's 9 years old and a Bengal cat. He's more or less been an "only" child in our family, so it really makes me happy when he gets more comfortable around the baby. 

2 comments:

  1. Look at that alert chubby face! I hope your checkup goes well, and you'll be running in those new shoes. Do you have a jogging stroller? I had one for my youngest - awesome difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a jogging stroller! Love it! I'll love it more when I get to actually jog with him!

    ReplyDelete