Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Getting Back Into the Routine

The last couple weeks have been a blur of poopy diapers, onesies, formula, doctors, tears, joys, the whole nine yards. Zim and I are trying to adjust the best that we can to a whole new life that now includes baby Victor. Some days are great, others, not so great. Our little man has been struggling recently with some bad diaper rash and gas, but nothing all that bad. I honestly can't complain all that much. I've had a couple sleepless nights, and I'm sure they'll be more to come. He's lucky he's cute!!

As for working out, I'm not cleared to do anything until the end of July. I was told 6-8 weeks to start exercising after a C-Section. I'm getting enough of a workout just trying to keep up with Victor and the day to day housework. I'm feeling really good and getting around rather well, so I am looking forward to getting back into a workout routine. I'm in no rush though. I'd go out for walks with the baby but it's so damn hot and humid out! Not the healthiest weather for a newborn. But we'll be out walking soon enough!! I already lost a good chunk of my weight and I'm about 10-12 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I was REALLY happy about that. Zim and I are trying to get at least three "healthy" dinners or more per week, which helps. The end of July will be here before I know it!! Now to try to sneak in a quick nap!

Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for the update! Sounds like things are progressing pretty typically. Babies are plenty of work, but yeah - cute! And glad to hear your c-section recovery is going well.

    I'm sure you'll shed the remaining pounds, no problem. If you're nursing, you might even need to eat extra!

    ReplyDelete