Friday, January 3, 2014

...Snow...Again

Happy New Year! I spent mine watching Futurama and Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve on the couch with Zim. All I have to say is Deborah Harry looks awesome for 68 and can still rock NYC with Blondie! Love her! And Fergie looked pretty ridiculous. That sums it up. We watched the ball drop from bed (yup, we're officially old) and I texted my mom at midnight. Good times!

I got in one last cardio workout for the year. Zim and I went to the gym for a half hour to burn off all that junk we've been eating over the holidays. I did about 35 minutes on the elliptical.

Yesterday I had off from work, but had a bunch of errands to run. I went to the gym early and I'm happy I did. I forgot how insanely packed gyms get right after New Years. I'm always happy to see new faces, but MAYBE a quarter them stick around longer than a month. Just the way it is. The crowd will be back to normal by the last week of January. I did a lower body/cardio workout. Here it went:

1/4 mile jog warm-up

Leg extension machine (70lb, 80, 90)
Leg flexion machine (70, 80, 90)
Calf raise machine (140, 160, 180)
Hip abductor machine (120, 130, 140)
Hip adductor machine (115, 125, 130)
Body squats
Lunges
Lying down leg lifts

25 minutes on the elliptical.

Cooldown.

Reps were 1st set, 10, 2nd, 8, 3rd, 6, except for calf raises which was 15 each.

After my workout I ran to my bank and to the grocery store to pick up some dinner supplies. Fish tacos, yum! Oh the grocery store before an impending snow storm! Always CRAZY! I only needed about 12 items and the whole trip took me about a half hour. It could have been worse. Today we got about 6 plus inches and I got to work only for a half day. It's FRIGID out there though. I was going to go to the First Friday Horror Flick tonight at the local indie movie theater, but I'm not driving on those roads tonight. My Jeep can get through alot of snow, but ice is a whole other beast. Too bad though. "The Thing" was playing tonight, and that's a great flick. Oh well.

Cheers! Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment