Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Snow Round 4, Maybe 5...Who Knows?

The Philly area is expecting over a foot of snow by tomorrow. We have about 5 inches out there right now. I decided around 10am this morning to give the guys who mow my lawn an early call to plow my driveway. My driveway is pretty long, and a foot of snow or more is a gigantic pain in the ass to shovel. I'll bite the bullet and shell out a couple of bucks to save hours of sweat and back breaking work. This is also when I start thinking about getting a plow attachment for my Jeep. They're so expensive though. Close to 5 grand. Anyways...here's my workout for the past few days.

Saturday. It was really nice out! 40 plus degrees, sunny, a slight breeze. I finally got a run in. I kept it light, running a little over 2 and 1/2 miles. Barely anyone on the trail as well. Ran by a handful of runners. Very happy I got it in.

Sunday. The cold temperatures returned. I just went to the gym and rode the elliptical for about 35 miles.

Monday: I worked out in the late morning which was perfect. Temps in the 40s, and no wind. Upper body workout day. Here goes:

5 minute warm-up

Sit down shoulder flys
Curls
Tricep kickback
Push-ups

Shoulder press
In & out hammers
Dips (20,10)
Push-ups

Shoulder shrugs (30lbs)
Static arm curls
Tricep band pull-downs
Push-ups

Upright rows
Curl/hammers
Overhead triceps press (12lbs)
Push-ups

REPEAT 

1 mile jog
Cool down 

15 pound weights used. 10 reps first set, 8 second set.  Push-ups are 3 for the first set, 2 for the second.

Tuesday (today): I really didn't want to go anywhere, because of the snow, so I just went in the garage for a light leg workout.

5 minute warm-up

Lunges
Calf squats
Step back lunges
Calf rIses (60lbs)
Power knee 
Side lunges
Body squats
Elbow to knee
Tip-toe lunges
Kicks 

1 minute run in place

REPEAT

Cool down

First set 10 reps, second 8.

Stay safe out there!


2 comments:

  1. Man, I didn't know plow attachments were that expensive. We haven't had much snow, not yet, and I've noticed a few more walkers and runners outside. Your garage workouts are interesting. The previous owner of our house was a personal trainer and had a gym set up in the garage, but we just put our cars in there! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have half our garage filled with workout gear. I still park in the garage. I'd rather have a warm, snow-free car!

      Delete