Monday, November 10, 2014

Zombie Run

I did my second race on November 1st. I thought it was a traditional 5K, but it ended up only being 2.2 miles. I ended getting 2nd female overall and won a gift basket. Not too shabby. Zim did the "zombie" form of the race and survived for the first time. The zombies chase you and try to take the three flags off a runner's "life belt". It was fun and brought a decent crowd out. Too bad it was more or less pouring all morning. They had a nice set-up for the zombie make-up booths, along with some horror themed vendors. I'll most likely run it again next year.

Speaking of dress-up Victor was dressed again as Batman aka Batbaby. We walked with him the week prior dressed as Batman in a Halloween parade. He ended up winning 2nd place in his age group for his costume. On Halloween he attempted to help me hand out candy, but only lasted for two trick r treaters before falling asleep. I'm excited to actually get to take him out next Halloween.

I've been still getting in some runs and some strength training in as well. Saturday I ran the 5 mile loop around Valley Forge Park. It's not an easy run, but I surprised myself, running it a little over 42 minutes. It was beautiful out too. I want to start getting one longer run on the weekend.

I've changed up my strength training a bit. I needed something new. Here's today's:

5 minute warm-up

Lawnmowers: 12 reps/21lbs of 5 sets
Bench chest press: 8 reps/45lb, 8/55lb, 8/60lb, 6/65lb
Dips: 20 reps of 4 sets
Shrugs/Clean & Jerk: 12 reps/12lbs of 3 sets
Cohen Curls: 10 reps/15lb of 4 sets

5-7 minutes of ab work

Finish with a 1 mile run (7:38)
Cool down
DONE




1 comment:

  1. Nice going on the zombie run! And for Zim too for staying alive. Love the batbaby, although he looks pretty relaxed and not in crime fighting mode.

    ReplyDelete