Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! It's pretty around here today. We got about 2 inches of snow yesterday from the Nor-Easter that passed through. I celebrated this late morning by going for a 2 and 1/2 mile test run for my ankle. Last Thursday I was just starting my mile run after a legs workout and rolled my ankle. I was only about a tenth of a mile in when I rolled it. I immediately stopped and walked back home. I did the whole rest - ice - compress - elevate for the remainder of the day. It never bruised or swelled up, so I really lucked out. It hurt like a bitch that night and the next morning, and miraculously felt back to normal by the next night. So I shut down running for a whole week till today. It went well! I wanted to see how it felt before running a Turkey Trot 5K on Saturday. So far, so good.

Here's the rest of my workouts this week:

Monday:
Warm-up
Bench press: 7 reps at 50lbs, 6/60, 5/65, 3/75, 2/80
Lawnmowers: 10/25, 10/30, 10/35, 8/35
Dumbbell chest press: 10/18, 10/21, 10/21, 8/21
Dips: 20, 20, 20, 20
2 minute plank 
Ab work
Cool down 

Wednesday: 7 sets of 10
Warm-up
Push-ups
Squats
Pull-ups
Lunges
Dips
Crunches
Burpees
Cool down

1 comment:

  1. Aw, bummer about your ankle. Hope it's all better for the turkey trot! We had ours today - very fun and no snow.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete