Thursday, September 4, 2014

September Already?!

Time is flying by!! I'm getting my workouts in regularly nowadays. I'm up to five days a week for the past 2 weeks. I'm getting in both strength training and runs. I'm trying to get 2-3 runs in. But, I take what I can get. I ran my fastest mile on Tuesday at 8 minutes 30 seconds. I'm pretty happy with the time coz it was 90+ degrees out and quite humid. I'm also getting 2 sessions of light/moderate ab work in. I've also increased my dumbbell weight to 15lbs. So workout wise, things are going well! Hoping to get a 3 mile run in tomorrow afternoon.

Victor's doing great! He's a BIG guy weighing in almost 15lbs at his 2 month doctor's visit. He was baptized last Sunday and was really good. He didn't cry when the pastor poured the water on his head. He did fart and poop during the sermon though. He's been sleeping through the night which is awesome! He falls asleep by 8:30pm and doesn't wake up till about 4-5 in the morning. He eats then falls back asleep till after 7. I can't complain. He's still not totally holding his head up, but I think he'll be there in the next couple weeks. He's really vocal cooing and hooing with Zim and I. He'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. 

Zim and I have been getting out thanks to my mother-in-law. We saw the band, Modern Life Is War, at the 1st Unitarian Church in Philly last Friday night. Great show! MLIW killed it! We found a cute little bar next door, strangely enough called Victor's Pub. I also got to go to The Colonial Theater's Italian SplatterFest on Saturday. They run a marathon of 5-6 Italian horror flicks all night. I got to see two of the movies, Fulci's "The Beyond" and Argento's "Phenomenom". Really happy I got to go. I've been going to this event since the first SplatterFest. Always a good time!



1 comment:

  1. Well, look at the little chub! He looks pretty happy and healthy. And how nice to have a good mom-in-law around so you guys can get out for grownup stuff.
    Post C-section 8:30 mile in the heat - excellent!

    ReplyDelete