Monday, September 8, 2014

Start of the Week

I started my Monday with upper body strength training in the garage. The weather's pretty nice out. Lower 80s/upper 70s all week. Sure beats last week's awful humidity. Nice to open up the garage bay and enjoy the weather. Here's the routine:

5 minute warm-up

Swimmer press
In & out bicep curls
Overhead medicine ball press (10lbs)
Shoulder press
Hammers
Tricep kickbacks

5 push-ups
5 pull-ups

Lawnmowers (20lb)
Lie down bench press
Tricep flip kickback 
Bent over row
Curl/hammer
Dips (20)

5 push-ups
5 pull-ups

REPEAT

5 minutes of light ab work

Finish with a fast paced 1 mile run - 8:29
Reps: 10,8 Weight: 15lbs, 12 on tricep exercises.
Playlist: Touché Amouré

Altogether it took me about 45 minutes. Felt good.

Last weekend I got in two workouts. Friday I got in 4 mile trail run. It was hot and humid out, but I've run in much worse. My first 3 miles I averaged a pace at 9:30, my last mile was a little under 10 minutes. I'm happy with that. I'm trying to get one longer endurance run a week. Saturday was a gym day for a total body workout. Here it is:

1/4 mile warm-up jog

Sit down rowing machine (70, 75, 75)
Assisted dips
Seated leg press (140, 155, 175)

Assisted pull-ups
Tricep pull-down (30 x 3)
Calf raise (160, 180, 200)

Seated lat pull-down (50 x 3)
Push-ups
Body squats

15 minutes interval training on the elliptical. 

Playlist: Hope Conspiracy

No comments:

Post a Comment