Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Getting Back Into the Swing

So far, so good! My rib/shoulder injury is feeling much, much better and my core feels good as well. Here's the last few workouts:

Thursday: Lower body 

5 minute warm-up 

Squats
Weight lunges
Weighted calf raise
Stability ball hamstrings
Calf squats
30 second plank 

REPEAT  2 more times 

Finish with a mile jog and light crunches.

Reps: 10,8,and 5
Weight: 12 lbs - lunges; 25 lb ea - calf raises.

Friday: total body gym day

1/4 mile warm-up jog/stretch

Sit down row (70, 70, 80)
Tricep pulldown (30, 20, 25)
* wow the tricep machine really works your core!
REPEAT x 2

Seated chest press (50, 40,40)
Lat pull-down (50,40, 45)
REPEAT x 2

Shoulder press (12.5)
Curl/hammers (12.5)
REPEAT x 2

Finish with 20 minutes on the elliptical

Monday: upper body

5 minute warm-up

Upright row
In & out curls
Tricep kickback
Push-ups

Shoulder press
In&out curls
Dips (12)
Knees push-ups

Lawnmowers
Curl/hammers
Tricep flip kick
Push-ups

Chest press
Static arm curl
Overhead medicine ball press
Knees push-ups

REPEAT

cool down


Later in the evening I ran. My goal was to try to be under a 10 minute mile. I ended up running at a 9:17 pace for 2.4 miles. I was happy with that!

Tomorrow is a recovery day. I'll do my walk with Victor in the morning. That usually averages around 2 miles. And that's about it. I want to give everything a chance to rest. Especially my core. Feels good down there, but also feels like I've used those muscles. 

1 comment: