Friday, May 22, 2015

It's Been A Little While

The last four weeks flew by. Since my last post I got tattooed, saw The Who and Joan Jett, ran a 5K, and saw The Avengers and Mad Max. Victor also turned 11 months a couple of day ago. I'm keeping busy! I'm still working out 5-6 days a week. Three of those days, I work in a 30-45 minute boxing workout as well. My knee is back to normal. I'm very happy about that! I'm running 3 days a week. Nothing over 5 miles though. I'm slowly finding my speed again. Yesterday I was averaging around an 8:30 mile, for a 4 and 3/4 mile run. I stopped taking Allegra about 2 weeks ago, and feel I have more energy. I was feeling so sluggish and tired during my workouts using it. 

Last Sunday, Zim and I ran the Victory Brewing: Run For Ryan 5K. Last year I couldn't run it coz I was pregnant, but I've ran it for the past 5 years or so. This run always kills me. I don't know if it's the 1pm start time or how hot it has been in the past, but I never put up a good time. Anyways, it wasn't too hot and I think I ate at the correct time this year for once. I ran it in 24:53, which was one of my best times ever running it. Zim came in 23:30, and broke his PR. I was quite happy with my time. I enjoyed a couple Victory Summer Ales and headed to my parents to pick up Victor. 

Later that night it was off to The Who concert, with my buddy Lou. I was pleasantly surprised that Joan Jett was opening. We had great seats, 3 rows from the floor and a straight forward view. Joan Jett was great and looked great as well. The Who was AMAZING. Despite being in their late 60s/early 70s, they put on a great show! I was going to buy a t-shirt, but $40 is a little too much in my opinion. Nope. Altogether it was a fantastic day from start to finish. I've been non-stop listening to The Who all week.

Movies! I saw The Avengers last week. I thought it was a lot of fun. I would have liked to see a little more of a couple characters, but overall I thought it was good. It did feel like it was more setting up for the third Avengers movie, Infinity Gauntlet. I saw Mad Max:Fury Road a couple nights ago. It was pretty awesome. Non stop action, over the top bad guys, and just nutty post apocalyptic antics. Charlize Theron was REALLY good, and Tom Hardy was hot per usual. It was fun! Looking forward to the sequel!

That's my story, Happy Memorial Day!





2 comments:

  1. Nice update! Lots of good going on. I'd love to see Joan Jett and The Who live. We just saw The Avengers and Mad Max is next on the list.
    Very nice tattoo. Done all in one sitting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. It only took about 2 hours or so. I was surprised!

    ReplyDelete