Monday, April 27, 2015

End of April

I had a bit of a busy week last week. Zim was staying longer at work to cover a co-worker that was out because of surgery. She's actually still out. He took last week off from working out. He did that 9 mile trail run in Reading, PA and took a beating. He fell 3 times, rolled both ankles countless times, and split open his shin. I'm pretty happy with my decision not to run it. He said there was a TON of people who got hurt.

I attempted to run again last Tuesday and in my 3rd mile, I felt my IT Band again. Ended up doing 4 miles, coz I honestly didn't feel like walking back to my car. I stuck to the elliptical for the rest of the week. My knee wasn't too bad, but I wanted to rest it. 

The weekend was the busy part of the week. Saturday night, Zim took me out to dinner at Iron Hill for a pre-birthday dinner. Dinner was great and it was nice to be able to eat without having to entertain a 10 month old. Sunday was my birthday, so I dropped Victor off at my parents and went to the Phillies game. Sunday was the last game that I could get in for free from the LOVE Run. It was get 2 free tickets (up to $38) in April for doing the run. Can't beat that! We sat in the outfield and watched Ryan Howard crush a home run ball. It was a beautiful day out and the Phils won!! Sunny and 60 degrees. We headed back to my parents and had pizza, wings, and birthday cake. We got home, put Victor to bed, and watched WWE's Extreme Rules, and I had a few beers. Not a bad way to ring in 37.

Today I strength trained and went for a mile run afterwards. My knee was absolutely fine. Then after 7, when Zim's giving Victor his last bottle, I did a 25 minute boxing routine. Tomorrow I'm going to try another run again. I'm planning on just doing 3 miles. We'll see how my knee feels!




1 comment: