Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Healing Up

I have a 15K trail run lined up to run on Saturday morning. I've taken a couple of runs, and I totally have to skip the race. Zim and I were going to run it together, but unfortunately my knee starts bugging me about 2 miles in. I think it's my IT band. Zim had that same problem a coule of years ago. If the race was a 5K, I'd do it, but 9 miles is a little different. Plus it's Record Store Day on Saturday!! I need to buy some limited edition sweet vinyl! 

I have been still working out and getting some small runs in. I ran 4 and 1/4 and walked about a mile on Monday morning. My mom loves walking on the trails around my house, so she'll take Victor in the stroller while I go run. And the weather was SUPER nice! That run cemented my not racing decision. Today I lifted and switched my routine up. My shoulder is still not 100%, but everything I did today felt fine and I didn't overdo it. I'm also good doing ab work now. If I would lay flat in my back, my shoulder would hurt. No more pain, just a little sore. So I'm healing up, slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment