Monday, October 20, 2014

Post 5 K

Sooo...I finally ran my first 5K of the year two weekends ago. Unfortunately it was raining that morning so a bunch of people didn't make the race. My mother-in-law and I braved the rain and ran anyways. I ended up being 6th overall, running it in 25:52. I was more than happy with my time, especially in the rain with wet leaves in the street. My mother-in-law won 1st in her age group which was awesome. Altogether it was a good time for a really good cause.

Lately my workouts have went mostly like this:

Monday: Upper body strength training
Tuesday: 3-4 mile run
Wednesday: Lower body strength training
Thursday: 3-4 mile run
Friday: Total body workout
Saturday: 4-5 mile run

I have my next 5K next weekend. It's a Zombie themed run. I'm doing the course where zombies DON'T chase you. Zim is doing the one where zombies do chase you and take your "life flags". It's going to be pretty big race. I believe they're expecting over 500 people. Should be fun. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the wet and rainy 5k, and congrats to your MIL!

    ReplyDelete