Sunday, August 16, 2015

Legs For Lindsey 5K

Wednesday I ran the Run For Lindsey 5K. It was an evening 5K in which I'm never really sure how I should eat leading up to it. I had a decent sized lunch and about 2 hours before the race I had a piece of toast with almond butter. It worked out pretty well. There was a good sized crowd and a few local running clubs there. I ended up running my second fastest 5K ever and taking first place in my age group. My chip time was 23:35. I was real happy with the results. I guess those stroller run have me running faster.

That race might be my last 5K until the annual Turkey Day run. I might do a 10K at the end of October. I was going to try to do a 9/11 race, but Victor's due for surgery on 9/11. He's having surgery on his kidney and ureter. He's had a blockage in his ureter since I had my first ultrasound with him at 20 weeks pregnant. It's a pretty standard procedure, but surgery is surgery and is a little scary. At least he'll be able to keep his kidney and have it function better. Poor little guy. 

This week I'm going to take a little mini vacation to Ocean City, NJ and try to get one more taste of the beach before the summer's over. Little man has taken a few steps, so hopefully he might learn to walk at the beach. I'm also looking forward to running on the boardwalk in the morning. Love the amazing scenery! Nothing like running with an ocean view.

1 comment: